Book by Kevin Murphy & Dan Studney
Music by Dan Studney
Lyrics by Kevin Murphy
Originally directed by ANDY FICKMAN and produced by STEPHANIE STEELE for DEAD OLD MAN PRODUCTIONS
Orchestrations by David Manning & Nathan Wang
Director- Angèlica Rosenthal
Music Director - Jesse Drake
Choreographer - Donna O'Bryant
Producers - Evelynn Decker , Daryl O'Bryant
Information Night, Auditions and Rehearsals are at Actorsingers Hall, 219 Lake Street, Nashua NH
- Thursday May 24 , 2018 @ 7 PM
- Bring your own adult beverage (21+)
- Bring your own soft drink (18+)
- Optionally bring a snack to share
- You must be 18 by first rehearsal (June 10, 2018) to audition
- Sunday June 3rd - 6-9 pm (doors open at 5 pm to learn audition dance)
- Monday June 4th - 7-9 pm (doors open at 6 pm to learn audition dance )
- CALLBACKS: Consists of reading sides and singing songs from Reefer Madness that will be assigned by the Director and Music Director, respectively.
- Rehearsals Start: Sunday June 10th
- Rehearsal Schedule:
- Sunday night 6-10 pm (June 10 - July 29) then Sunday afternoon 1- 5 pm (Aug 5 - Aug 19)
- Monday and Wednesday Night 7-10 pm (June 11 - Aug 1) then Tuesday and Thursday Night 7-10 pm (Aug 7 - 23)
- Tech week Aug 26 - Sep 2
*Note rehearsal schedule change in August due to Mainstage show rehearsal schedule
- August 31, Sept 1, Sept 2
Janice B. Street Theatre
14 Court Street, Nashua NH
You must be 18 by first rehearsal (June 10, 2018)
- Will learn a short audition dance
- Dress in clothes you can move in
- Prepare two songs of contrasting styles
- Please prepare at least 16 bars of each song
- Bring sheet music, an accompanist will be provided
- If you choose you can bring a music only track to sing with, please have the track pre-cut to the section of the song you will be singing (including a few measures before)
- Please plan to show acting ability while singing your songs
- Readings will be done at call backs
- Please plan to show acting ability while singing your songs during the regular audition
JIMMY HARPER - A wholesome, innocent, high school teenager who runs into trouble after he is lured into the dangerous world of reefer.
LECTURER - a severe authority figure who warns the audience of the perils of Reefer Madness. (May double as other characters such as Irish Priest, FDR, Policeman, Goat-Man)
MARY LANE - Jimmy's sweetheart, a naïve, virginal teenage girl.
JACK STONE - The handsome and ruthless proprietor of the Reefer Den, a 30's gangster movie-type. (Doubles George Washington)
MAE - An attractive, yet slightly haggard dame in her mid-30s, the hostess of the Reefer Den.
RALPH WILEY - a denizen of the Reefer Den, formally a fraternity man, his college days ended long ago due to his reefer habit. (Doubles as Sally's Baby, Uncle Sam)
SALLY - a sexy and seductive resident of the Reefer Den, she possesses the libidinous soul of Mae West combined with the rat-a-tat moxie of vintage Barbara Stanwyck. (Doubles as Lady Liberty)
PLACARD GIRL - throughout the play she reinforces the warnings of the Lecturer by holding large signs that clearly state the moral of what we've just seen. (Doubles as Five-and-Dime Kid, Police Officer)
Jesus - Son of God, trying to bring Jimmy back on the path of righteousness.
Mr. Poppy- Owner of the five and dime.
ENSEMBLE - Mixed gender and ages group to represent Reefer Zombies, Kids at the Five-and-Dime, Jungle Orgy dancers, Angels, Worried Parents, and patriotic background chorus in the Star-Spangled finale. Their are many featured roles that will be divided up throughout the ensemble.
Actorsingers Show Site
REEFER MADNESS is presented through special arrangement with R & H Theatricals: www.rnh.com.